Local Anesthesia and Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas):
- You may eat and drink as usual
- You may drive yourself to and from our office and do not need to be accompanied by a family member or friend.
- Take all your normal daily medications unless instructed otherwise by Dr. Reisman or Staff
General (I.V.) Anesthesia
- Please do not eat or drink anything (even water) for six (6) hours before your surgery. Failure to follow this instruction may result in the cancellation and rescheduling of your procedure.
- If you take daily medications, please take them as usual unless instructed otherwise by the doctor or our staff.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during your procedure, and drive you home.
- A parent or legal guardian must always accompany patients under the age of 18 years.
- Please wear comfortable and loose fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbows.
- If you have an illness such as a head or chest cold, fever, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office as soon as possible before surgery. Your procedure may need to be rescheduled.
- Do not drive a vehicle, operate any machinery, or undertake any important matters for 24 hours following your anesthesia experience.
- You should plan on resting the remainder of the day following your surgery. Someone should be available to check on you throughout the day and provide assistance at night, if necessary.
Oral Pre-medications (Valium and Halcion):
- You may eat and drink as usual/li>
- Follow the instructions given by Dr. Reisman or the instructions on your prescription bottle. If you have questions or concerns, please call the office at least ONE HOUR prior to your procedure.
- You MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult to your procedure and your consent form has to be signed and up to date PRIOR to you taking your oral pre-medication.
- You cannot drive or operate machinery for 12 hours after taking an oral pre-medication.