Before Intravenous Sedation/General (I.V.) Anesthesia:
- You must not have anything to eat or drink for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment (including: water, mints, candy and gum). Failure to follow this instruction WILL result in the cancellation of your procedure.
- If you take daily medications, please take them as usual unless instructed otherwise by the doctor or staff.
- A responsible adult (over the age of 18) MUST accompany you to the office, REMAIN in the office during the procedure and drive you home.
- You should not drive a vehicle; operate any machinery or undertake any important matters for 24 hours after receiving anesthesia.
- Please wear comfortable and loose fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbows for monitors and I.V. placement.
- Facial jewelry should be removed prior to the procedure unless told otherwise by Dr. Reisman or staff.
- If you have an illness such as a sore throat, cold or upset stomach, please notify the office PRIOR to your procedure.
- You should plan on resting the remainder of the day after your surgery. A responsible adult should be available to you for the remainder of the day/night.